Lift Supervisor Course
Enquire about this course
This course is aimed at anyone who is required to supervise safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
Course cost: £820 +VAT
This 4 day course is aimed at anyone who is required to supervise safe systems of work using lifting equipment. It is recommended that prior to attending this course individuals should have some experience of working with lifting equipment, especially mobile cranes.
COURSE AIM AND CONTENTS
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with underpinning knowledge in order for them to understand the role and responsibility of the Crane Supervisor. Following successful completion of the course candidates will be able to understand and follow safe systems of work for lifting operations including writing risk assessments and method statements.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation – LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice – BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation – crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Safe Load Indicators (SLI) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Planning a lifting operation
- Preparing a lift site in accordance with the AP’s safe system of work (end test)
Successful candidates will be awarded a Red CPCS Trained Operator card endorsed with the category Crane Supervisor. Please note the Red CPCS card is only valid for 2 years, within this time you must complete your NVQ level 4 Diploma to convert from Red card to Blue card. The Blue CPCS card is valid for 5 years, please see NVQ section for more information.
Pre course requirement: The Health Safety & Environment test for Specialist Supervisors must be passed before undertaking the CPCS Technical Test. For more details please see the Health & Safety Test information in our brochure or visit our website.