Here at MGA Training we are delighted to be a specialist provider of ‘training for safer lifting operations’ approved by ELCAS & CTP and we would be happy to help you with your Resettlement Training and access to Interview Opportunities within the lifting and crane hire industry.

We have the experience and the accreditations to guide you through the whole process.

Exceeding Expectations.

  • We are approved by Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCAS) and you can use your ELCAS funding with us.
  • For more information on the ELCAS process you can visit the website here
  • You can use your Resettlement Funding with us.
  • We are approved by the Career transition Partnership (CTP).
  • We are a CPCS & NOCN CSkills Awards Accredited Test Centre for Training & NVQS.
  • You will have the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised accreditation through the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS), allowing you to work on any Contractors group

MGA Training is an Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCAS) approved Training centre for the following courses: 

NOCN_Cskills Awards Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts (Construction) – QUA919

OCN_Cskills Awards Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts (Construction) – QUB919

The Slinger Signaller and Mobile Crane Operator categories do not come under the ELCAS funding as they are a level 2 Diploma. However, you can use Resettlement Grants and Standard Learning Credits for the CPCS Slinger Signaller & CPCS Mobile Crane operator categories.

Funding help for service leavers

Enhanced Learning Credits (ELCAS) ELCAS will fund up to 80% of level 3 and above. For more information visit our page or call us on 0161 707 9865 (enter link for military link on website once added}

Career Transition Partnership (CTP) will support service leavers up to 10 years after they have left. This is the link to the preferred suppliers list – You will find MGA Training under Building, Construction.

The Royal Marines Charity – Contact 01392 346421, or visit their website:

Royal British Legion – They advise to call Civvy Street direct on 0800 009 8015, Civvy street say as long as the course is no longer than 6 weeks they can consider applicants. Potential applicants need to call direct and they can do an application over the phone for them. This is the link for the website:

SSAFA –They will assess if funding is available and it is determined on a welfare need which is not just financial; a welfare need could be working away from home for excessive amounts of time.

Help For Heroes – Potential applicants need have left the military over 2 years and be either medically discharged, in receipt of a war pension or have a service injury or illness that can be verified by a health care professional. The diagnosis could be after they have left the military but must be a result of their time in the military. If they comply to this criteria, they can contact Help for Heroes for welfare, financial and general help. Their regional contact number is on the website:

Stand by our Veterans Job Page – This is also a Facebook page which advertises job vacancies and training opportunities. Please note that they are NOT THE POINT OF CONTACT for the positions posted and all enquiries should be directed to the authors of the posts, contact details are on all posts for your reference.

Citizens advice for the armed forces. A wide range of help available, best thing to do is to contact them direct and they can assess where potential applicants can go for help: